Pinterest

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Design Challenge: Color Dare #313: Sugarplum, Fern, Eggplant

New Card Design by 
Kimberly Bower featuring 
CTMH's October SOTM
Design Challenge: Color Dare #313: Sugarplum, Fern, Eggplant

Welcome to this week's Color My Heart Color Challenge! This week for Color Dare #313 we are challenging you to use the three pictured colors: Sugarplum, Fern and Eggplant.

Just a few notes:

  1. We use CTMH color names for reference, however, you are welcome to use any products as long as you match closest to the colors in the challenge. 
  2. We have new guidelines on neutral colors: White, Cream, Black, Gray, Kraft and Brown(s) are free to use; however if they are included in the challenge graphic they MUST be used in your creation. 
  3. Please do not use any additional colors beyond those on this week's color palette.

My card design:


This card design has a few layers. The base layer of cardstock is Fern. I cut it to standard A2 size: 5.5" x 4.25". The next layer of cardstock is Ballerina. I cut it to 5.25" x 4". I then used the scalloped thin cut from the Thin Cuts - Decorative Borders set on the top edge to mirror the shape of the central heart design. I attached the Ballerina to the Fern with the bottom and side edges even.

For the dimensional heart, I used both the Thin Cuts - Basic Hearts and Thin Cuts - Stitched Hearts to cut out hearts in assorted sizes from Eggplant and Ballerina cardstock (Somehow, I actually don't have Sugarplum on hand at the moment). I inked up the 'full heart' stamp from October's SOTM: Thanks & Giving in Eggplant and stamped on watercolor paper. I then used the smallest size stitched heart to cut out this stamped image. I layered the hearts and centered them in the center of the Ballerina layer. 

Next, I used Fern ink to stamp the floral spray and Ballerina ink to stamp the word 'thankful' and the three small hearts onto the Ballerina cardstock. I used watercolor pencils to color the leaves and marker to color the flowers. I embellished the flower centers with Bitty Sparkles. I added to the dimensional effect by attaching the heart with 3-D foam circles. I also dabbed the side and bottom edges in the ink for color. I used the fern-colored watercolor pencil to frame the hearts and to add mock stitching along the bottom and side edges. I used 3-D foam circles to attach the Ballerina layer to the Fern layer. For a detailed list of products used, please scroll past my signature line. 

Now it is your turn to create! Just create a project (card, layout or other craft project) using this week's colors. Then link them to the Color My Heart Blog ~ Color Dare #311. The full details on how to join the fun are in the sidebar of our homepage. You have two weeks to create and enter this challenge. For this Color Dare Challenge, you have until Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 10:00 p.m. EST to submit your project. We love to see your inspiring projects!

Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,
Kimberly

Close To My Heart products:
Other Close To My Heart supplies used:
Want to make this card? Let's go shopping! Want help with assembly? Let's do a Facebook Live! Just let me know.

If you are not already working with a consultant, I'd be honored to earn your business. If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!