|All-Occasion Inside Shadow Box Card |
made by Kimberly Bower using
September SOTM and Boutique papers
Blog Hop: September CTMH Stamp of the Month - Just Treats
Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. I'm so glad you're here! If you're here from Haley Dyer's blog, you're on the right path. This hop is a great big circle so you can start here and work your way around. When you get back to me you'll know that you've seen all of the creative ideas offered through this month's blog hop. There are 20 participating consultants so you're bound to be inspired by the time you complete the hop. If you'd like to see the full list, you can find that on Melinda's blog: If You Bling It.
This month we are featuring September SOTM: Just Treats (S1808). This stamp comes with 22 images celebrating multiple Fall holidays.
|Measurements and supplies|
for card front
|CTMH Exclusive My Acrylix Inks used|
|View of card interior (inside shadow box)|
|View of card when open revealing|
inside shadow box
|Card folds flat and fits in |
standard A2 envelope for mailing
To make the card front, you'll need pieces cut as follows:
Saffron: 5.5" x 4.25" (cut 1), 2.75" x 3.25" (cut 1)
Glacier: 2.5" x 3" (cut 1), 4" x 1.25" (cut 1)
Boutique B&T (polka dots): 4" x 2" (cut 2)
Gold Glitter Trim: 4" (cut 1)
On the Saffron base, adhere the Boutique B&T and Glacier rectangles as seen in photo. Adhere the Gold Glitter Trim along the bottom edge of the Glacier strip. Stamp the sentiment, 'Thankful for sweet friends like you', on the Glacier rectangle. Adhere this to the smaller Saffron rectangle. Attach this piece at an angle on top of your base (see photo). Stamp the candy pieces (lemon center) and the coffee cup on White Daisy cardstock. I used Toffee for drink color inside cup and Saffron for design on cup exterior. Cut. Use Archival Black if you intend to use water with the watercolor pencils after coloring the cup and/or candies.
|View of alternate inside of card|
using White Daisy cardstock for
box rather than Glacier
1) Blank A2 CTMH White Daisy Card: Cut off 0.5" from one end which will become the back of the card,
2) Glacier cardstock: 5.5" x 8.5", scored at 0.5", 4.25", and 4.75", then cut a sliver off of the end that has the 0.5" scoring,
3) Oval Thin Cuts: Place where desired on the section closest to the 0.5" score line and cut out using Cuttlebug, and
4) Linen: 3.75" x 5" for background inside shadow box.
Stamp the woodgrain image from 'Grateful Heart - Cardmaking' onto the Linen rectangle about 2.5" up from bottom (depending on size and placement of your Oval Thin Cut). Use Thin 3-D Foam Dot to place fussy-cut cup onto woodgrain 'table'. Stamp steam swirls on top of cup and onto background (see photo). Using Duck Easy Stick tape runner, tape the 0.5" seam of the Glacier 'box'. Align to fold line on interior of White Daisy Card. Fold and press card closed to adhere. Use Duck Easy Stick tape runner along both edges of the inside back of the Glacier 'box'. Align to outside back of White Daisy card base. Press to adhere. When closed, the card will be the standard A2 card size and can be mailed in the envelope provided in the CTMH bulk card/envelope package.
If you need further instructions on putting this card together, I'd be happy to assist.
I was inspired by the Inside Shadow Box Cards video instructions by Jennifer McGuire Inks to create the inside shadow box. I changed up the instructions a little to use our card base, but you could easily use White Daisy cardstock instead. I made one using Glacier cardstock and another using White Daisy cardstock. Which do you like better?
- Stamp sets: September SOTM - Just Treats and Grateful Heart - Cardmaking
- Exclusive My Acrylix Inks: Saffron, Archival Black, Toffee, Charcoal, Lemon
- Paper Pack: Boutique
- Cardstock: Saffron, Glacier, and Linen
- Embellishments: Bitty Sparkles, Gold Shimmer Trim, Shimmer Brush - Clear
- Thin Cuts: Basic Ovals
- Bone Folder (to fold card, and press foam tape down)
- Bonding Memories Dual Action Glue Pen
- Duck Easy Stick permanent adhesive tape runner
- Thin 3-D Foam Dots
- Micro-tip Scissors
- My Acrylix Spritz Cleanser and Stamp Scrubber (care and maintenance of stamps)
- Tweezers (to place small pieces/embellishments on card)
- White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
Want to make this card? Let's go shopping! Want help with assembly? Let's do a Facebook Live! Just let me know.
If you are not already working with a consultant, I'd be honored to earn your business. If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.
Your next stop along this hop is Katy Taylor's blog so hop on over and see what wonderful creation she has for you today.