|New Travel Sewing Kit by Kimberly Bower|
Sew What?! - CTMH Technique Blog Hop
This month we are showcasing products found in our brand new 2018 Holiday Expressions catalog that give the appearance of, or contain actual, stitching. There is a 'stitched' alphabet stamp set, 'stitched' thin cuts in different shapes, thread for use in actual stitching, and of course, you can add the look of stitching with a journaling pen. You can view the entire catalog online here. Also, if you place an order of any size, Close To My Heart will send you a catalog for free. I love using the photos in the catalog to inspire my own creations.
My design features our Grateful Heart - Cardmaking stamp set, Stitched Heart Thin Cuts, Curlique Alphabet Stamps from Artfully Sent Cricut Collection and our Grateful Heart Paper Packet. This paper packet features the following colors: Pomegranate, Sapphire, Glacier, New England Ivy, Fern,Saffron, Goldrush, Espresso, Mink, and White Daisy. Here's a look at these four items:
|Grateful Heart - Cardmaking stamp set|
|Thin Cuts - Stitched Hearts|
|Cricut Collection: Artfully Sent|
|Grateful Heart Paper Packet|
- Cut one B&T (patterned paper): 4.5" x 9.5".
- Score at 1.75", 4.5", 5.75", and 7".
- Make valley folds at all score lines except for 5.75" score line. At this line, make a mountain fold.
- Place sewing kit along 5.75" score line. Make a mark on each end of the sewing kit. Cut along the center area of this score line so sewing kit will slide into the opening.
- Flip paper over. Use a strong double-sided adhesive like Duck to create a sealed edge between the score lines to the immediate right and immediate left of 5.75" score/cut line. This will prevent your sewing kit from falling out of the bottom of your travel kit.
- Use a corner rounder on both corners closest to the 1.75" score line. This will be the top flap.
- Cut one B&T (patterned paper): 2" x 7". This will be a band around your kit.
- Score the band at 2" and 4.75". Make sure it fits around your kit.
- Use adhesive to seal the two ends of band together.
- Cut a saffron heart with the 2.5" Basic Heart Thin Cut.
- Cut a light B&T heart with the 2.25" Stitched Heart Thin Cut.
- Stamp "Sew thankful" sentiment. Stamp leaves and designs as desired on stitched heart using 'Grateful Heart - Cardmaking Stamp Set'. Add Bitty Sparkles, as desired.
- Attached stitched heart to basic heart.
- Attach double heart to cover the raw edge of the belly band.
- Slide belly band over sewing kit.
I would love it if you'd share your thoughts in a comment before continuing with our hop. For a detailed list of products used, please scroll past my signature line. Just a note: I was inspired by quite a few gift card holder designs on Pinterest, most of which were fairly similar in size and structure. Your next stop along this hop is Catherine Nowak's blog so hop on over and see what wonderful creation she has for you today.
Close To My Heart products:
- Stamp sets: Curlique Alphabet Stamp Set in Cricut Collection: Artfully Sent and Grateful Heart - Cardmaking
- Exclusive My Acrylix Inks: Sage, New England Ivy and Saffron
- Paper Pack: Grateful Heart
- Embellishments: Sugarplum Glitter Gems, and Bitty Sparkles
- Thin Cuts: Stitched Hearts and Basic Hearts
- Bone Folder (to fold card, and press foam tape down)
- Bonding Memories Dual Action Glue Pen
- Duck Easy Stick permanent adhesive tape runner
- Thin 3-D Foam Dots
- Micro-tip Scissors
- My Acrylix Spritz Cleanser and Stamp Scrubber (care and maintenance of stamps)
- Tweezers (to place small pieces/embellishments on card)
- White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
Want to make this? Let's go shopping! Want help with assembly? Let's do a Facebook Live! Just let me know.
If you are not already working with a consultant, I'd be honored to earn your business. If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.