Design Challenge: Color Dare #311: Ballerina, Saffron, Peacock
Welcome to this week's Color My Heart Color Challenge! This week for Color Dare #311 we are challenging you to use the three pictured colors: Ballerina, Saffron, and Peacock (with optional Gold).
Just a few notes:
- We use CTMH color names for reference, however, you are welcome to use any products as long as you match closest to the colors in the challenge.
- We have new guidelines on neutral colors: White, Cream, Black, Gray, Kraft and Brown(s) are free to use; however if they are included in the challenge graphic they MUST be used in your creation.
- Please do not use any additional colors beyond those on this week's color palette.
My card design:
For my card design, I used my 2" Basic Circle Thin Cut and cut out 6 circles of B&T (patterned paper) from the Seasons Mix-In Paper Pack. I folded and shaped each of 5 circles to resemble a flower petal and glued them onto the 6th circle. I fussy cut one of the saffron gold shapes from the Boutique paper pack for the center of the flower. I embellished the center with three gold glitter gems. I added to the dimensional effect by attaching the flower with foam circles. I used three large foam dots in the center and one small foam dot behind each petal. I used gold embossing powder to place the sentiment, 'hello friend' in the lower right corner of the card. This sentiment is in the Grateful Heart cardmaking stamp set. For a detailed list of products used, please scroll past my signature line.
Now it is your turn to create! Just create a project (card, layout or other craft project) using this week's colors. Then link them to the Color My Heart Blog ~ Color Dare #311. The full details on how to join the fun are in the sidebar of our homepage. You have two weeks to create and enter this challenge. For this Color Dare Challenge, you have until Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 10:00 p.m. EST to submit your project. We love to see your inspiring projects!
Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,
Close To My Heart products:
- Stamp sets: Grateful Heart - Cardmaking
- Inks: Versamark
- Paper Pack: Seasons Mix-In and Boutique
- Cardstock: Peacock
- Embellishments: Gold Glitter Gems
- Thin Cuts: Basic Circles
- Bone Folder (to fold card, and press foam tape down)
- Bonding Memories Dual Action Glue Pen
- Liquid Glass
- Duck Easy Stick permanent adhesive tape runner
- Thin 3-D Foam Dots
- Micro-tip Scissors
- My Acrylix Spritz Cleanser and Stamp Scrubber (care and maintenance of stamps)
- Tweezers (to place small pieces/embellishments on card)
- White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
Want to make this card? Let's go shopping! Want help with assembly? Let's do a Facebook Live! Just let me know.
If you are not already working with a consultant, I'd be honored to earn your business. If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.