Pinterest

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Design Challenge: Color Dare #309: Twisted Tic-Tac-Toe Farewell to Retired Colors

Design Challenge: Color Dare #309: Twisted Tic-Tac-Toe Farewell to Retired Colors

Welcome to this week's Color My Heart Color Challenge! This week for Color Dare #309 we are challenging you to a Twisted TicTacToe. Choose three or more of your favorite retired Close To My Heart (CTMH) colors. For this challenge, you do not need to select column, row or diagonal.

Just a few notes: We use CTMH color names for reference, however, you are welcome to use any products as long as you match closest to the colors in the challenge. Also, we have new guidelines on neutral colors: White, Cream, Black, Gray, Kraft and Brown(s) are free to use; however if they are included in the challenge graphic they MUST be used in your creation. Also, make a note not to use any additional colors beyond those on the color palette.

My card design:


For my card design, I used Pattern 23 on page 50 of CTMH's Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 4. Using the pattern makes it so much easier to jump start your own creations. I used retired cardstock in Juniper, Blossom and Cranberry, plus the rose B&T paper from the Adventure Fundamentals Paper Pack. I inked the design with Cranberry, White Daisy and Bashful. I used the largest 3-layer rose and the leaf stamps from Beautiful You Stamp + Thin Cuts and the 2.5" circle from the Thin Cuts - Basic Circles set. I added a 1/2" strip of Cranberry cardstock and then placed the White Shimmer Trim just beneath the Cranberry strip.

Now it is your turn to create! Just create a project (card, layout or other craft project) using this week's colors. Then link them to the Color My Heart Blog ~ Color Dare #309. The full details on how to join the fun are in the sidebar of our homepage. You have two weeks to create and enter this challenge. For this Color Dare Challenge, you have until Thursday September 20, 2018 at 10:00 p.m. EST to submit your project. We love to see your inspiring projects!

Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,
Kimberly

Close To My Heart products:
Other Close To My Heart supplies used:
Want to make this card? Let's go shopping! Want help with assembly? Let's do a Facebook Live! Just let me know.

If you are not already working with a consultant, I'd be honored to earn your business. If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!