Pinterest

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #279 Design Team

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #279 Design Team

Here's a new card I made today to inspire you to join in the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #279. Feel free to gather inspiration from this week's sketch plus all the other Design Team artwork in order to create your own project. As always, your project does NOT have to be a card. It can be absolutely anything as long as you incorporate this week's sketch in some way.

Here is this week's sketch:


My card details:

For this card, I cut a 5.5" x 4.25" base of solid Saffron cardstock. I cut two pieces of the Heather brick patterned cardstock from CTMH's Documented paper pack to 4" x 2" and one piece of patterned New England Ivy from our Fresh Air Bulk Paper pack to 4" x 1.25". Next, I added a strip of Gold Shimmer Trim. The mat was cut to 3" x 3.5" in a solid New England Ivy and topped with a 2.75" x 3.25" solid Saffron. I used Exclusive Inks in Saffron and our 'Memories in the Making -- Days' stamp set to add the accent pieces behind the Operation Smile -- Punny Pals stamp set dog and 'Yappy Birthday' sentiment. I stamped the dog and sentiment using our Archival Black so I could use watercolor pencils to color the dog. I used our Exclusive Inks in Charcoal and a dauber to dab around the edges of the dog. I used one large 3-D Foam Dot behind the dog's head and one small 3-D Foam Dot behind the dog's body to secure him to the card. I used 3-D Foam Tape to secure the sentiment. I added two New England Ivy dots and one Gold Glitter Gem to complete the card.

This Challenge will be open until Sunday night, September 2, at 11:59pm Atlantic Standard Time (10:59pm EST, 9:59pm CST, 8:59pm MST, 7:59pm PST). We hope that you will find the time to play along!

Guidelines for entering can be found here.

I'm also linking up this card to the following challenges:
1) Color My Heart Color Dare #306 which calls for New England Ivy, Heather and Saffron with optional Gold,
2) Double Trouble Challenge #8: Summer Happy Birthday which celebrates Twisted Sister's birthday, adds optional glitter and a double dare link up to:
3) Pause Dream Enjoy: Summer Birthday Party, and

4) Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge which hosts an anything goes 4 kids card challenge and collects cards for children in hospital settings.

Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!