Pinterest

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Christmas in July Card for Heart2Heart, Double Trouble and SAS4Kids Challenges

Christmas in July Card

Christmas in July Card Challenges:
Heart2Heart: Christmas in July 
Plus Double Trouble Challenge #6
Plus SAS4Kids: Christmas in July

This post shares a three-for-one challenge entry. First, the Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Christmas in July calls for the use of any crafty Christmas supplies and also challenges us to pair up this entry with an entry at Double Trouble's blog. Challenge met!

Second, Double Trouble issues the "Something Anything Everything" Challenge. By the way, I don't think it was coincidence that the wandering dog had "trouble" on his name tag, do you? Thing 2 suggests a link back to a Heart 2 Heart Challenge. Thing 3's optional addition suggests decorating the inside of the card beyond just the sentiment. To meet this part of the challenge, I used my Cricut Cuttlebug and cut the word 'wonderful' out of a piece of Central Park paper that matches the background paper on the card front. Done, done and done!
Sentiment inside card says 
'Have a wonderful Christmas' 
with the word 'wonderful' 
cut out of CTMH Central Park 
paper using Cuttlebug

Third, Send A Smile 4 Kids Blog is also having a Christmas in July Challenge. I wanted to make a Christmas card that a preteen girl would like so I used my CTMH Rain or Shine Doll Stamp + Thin Cuts to make a girl dressed for a holiday party. The sentiment stamped in the color Glacier on the front of the card says 'All that glitters is snow!" so I wanted to add some glittery elements that would be fun for a young girl. Here's another photo of the outside of the card at another angle so you can possibly see the glittery embellishments in her hair, on her buttons, and representing snow with a blue 'snowflake' flower and silver gem wisps representing the snow's path into her hand.


Here are the products I used to create this card:

Close To My Heart cardstock colors used:
Other Close To My Heart supplies used:
Also used:
  • Watercolor pencils (hair, skin, shoes)
  • Recollections Bling Stickers
  • Fiskars Many Thanks Stamp Set (sentiment on card front)
  • Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Set (sentiment on inside of card)
  • Cricut Paper Trimmer
Want to make this card? Let's go shopping! We can even make it together on a Facebook Live, if you'd like. Just let me know.
If you need a consultant, I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.

Be sure to check out the challenges at Heart2HeartDouble Trouble and SAS4Kids. You might enjoy checking out the other entries as well. I'm still new to participating in design challenges and I know I've gotten a lot of great ideas from checking out the past challenges.



Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!