Pinterest

Monday, June 18, 2018

Summer PD Goal: Learn YouTube How-Tos with link to resulting video (FY19 SSYRA Jr Video Introduction)

YouTube Thumbnail for
FY19 SSYRA Jr Video Introduction

Summer PD Goal: Learn YouTube How-Tos
with FY19 SSYRA Jr Video Introduction

I've got my own set of Summer learning goals. One of them is to learn more about recording videos on YouTube as part of my Google Certified Educator training. There are so many steps in the process to consider: Camera, background, lighting, voice projection, language appropriate for intended audience, presence, content knowledge, prop preparation, etc.

During this process my thoughts were on the multi-faceted nature of learning new skills. It can take many hours and can require repetition to master. I wonder if we allow those we teach, whether young or old, the time it takes to master the skills they are seeking to learn. Do we allow enough time to practice when we teach new skills?

I thought I'd share the video I recorded as I practiced my learning. It's not perfect, but it's brave. I want my students to choose brave over perfect too. The purpose of this video is to introduce incoming Kindergarten-2nd Grade students to Florida's FY19 Sunshine State Young Readers Award Jr. beginning chapter book selections. I also hope to help them discover the thought process involved in deciding whether or not they're interested in selecting any particular book to read. Students will have access to the video through direct instruction and independently via Google Classroom.

I welcome your thoughts and constructive criticism as I continue practicing new skills.

What are your learning goals this Summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!