Pinterest

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

'Let's Be Copycats' Card Challenge

'Let's Be Copycats' CTMH Card Challenge,
June 2018
Today's post is an entry to the 'Let's Be Copycats' CTMH Challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. Here is the challenge:


To answer this call, I went to Page 27 of Close To My Heart's Seasonal Expressions 2 Idea Book. There I found a card using Fresh Air papers and the Fresh Air Cardmaking Stamp. It's the first picture on the left. I've posted that photo alongside my entry for your ease of viewing.

Fresh Air Card from SE2 next to my
June SOTM Copycat entry
I used the same size papers, but switched it up and used the Postcard Perfect paper and the June Stamp of the Month girl and sentiment. I stamped the girl using Archival Black so the color would be set when I went over the colored pencils with the waterbrush. I also used some alcohol markers I had on hand for the deeper coloring. I didn't care for the amount of white card showing in the background and felt it draw my eye away from the central focus of the girl, so I used one of the flower stamps from Postcard Perfect that matched the paper to stamp the background using Charcoal ink. For the embellishment, I used bronze sequins.

Close To My Heart products:
Stamp set: Postcard Perfect (retired)
Stamp set: June SOTM - A Bushel and A Peck
Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad: Charcoal, Archival Black
Cardstock: White Daisy, Charcoal, Postcard Perfect Paper Pack
Embellishments: Bronze Sequins
White Cards and Envelopes Value Pack
Tools: Waterbrush

Want to make this card? Let's go shopping!
If you need a consultant, I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.

Be sure to check out the challenge at Heart 2 Heart. You might enjoy checking out the other entries as well. This is my first time participating and I know I've gotten a lot of great ideas from checking out the past challenges.


Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,
Kimberly


June Stamp of the Month:
A Bushel and A Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!