Pinterest

Sunday, September 23, 2018

New Card Design: 'Congratulations on your achievement' featuring Grateful Heart Cardmaking stamp set

New Card Design: 'Congratulations on your achievement' featuring Grateful Heart Cardmaking stamp set

This month, Close To My Heart released the brand new 2018 Holiday Expressions catalog. You can view the entire catalog online here. Also, if you place an order of any size, Close To My Heart will send you a catalog for free. Just look for the spot to add it to your order. I love using the photos in the catalog to inspire my own creations. 


Today's design features our Grateful Heart - Cardmaking stamp set, the stamp set from Artfully Sent Cricut Collection and our Boutique Paper Packet. Here's a look at these three items:
Grateful Heart - Cardmaking stamp set

Cricut Collection: Artfully Sent

Boutique Paper Pack
My design:

For this design, I started with the gorgeous butterfly stamp. I inked it up in Archival Black, colored it with watercolor pencils, used a waterbrush to blend the colors, embellished with my clear Shimmer Brush and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and Versamark. I inked the flowers along the bottom in Nectarine and the leaves on the side in Glacier. I added a fussy-cut strip of the patterned paper so two lines of text would show above and below the black/gold ribbon which I attached using mini staples. The final touches were one black enamel gem on the butterfly's head and three gold glitter gems. For details on specific products used, scroll past my signature line.

I am also submitting this card to the following design challenges:

  1. Double Trouble Challenge #10 calls for three colors and a stamped image. 
  2. The Double Trouble #10 optional challenge calls to enter the design into the Brown Sugar Challenge #282: "All Creatures Great and Small"
  3. One of this month's Heart2Heart Challenges calls for ribbon so this card will fit right in.

Well, that's what I have for today. I hope you enjoyed reading about my design process. Stay creative and continue to share kindness along the way,
Kimberly

Close To My Heart products:
Other Close To My Heart supplies used:
Want to make this? Let's go shopping! Want help with assembly? Let's do a Facebook Live! Just let me know.

If you are not already working with a consultant, I'd be honored to earn your business. If you'd like to enjoy the added privileges of being a consultant, I can show you how. Check out the labeled tabs for more details. You can also contact me via comment or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments. Thank you!